Sick / Contagious Policy
A child with any of the following signs or symptoms of illness will be immediately isolated until discharged to his or her parent/guardian (in conjunction with Florida Standard 65C-22.004). Parents are required to pick up, (or arrange for an authorized person to pick up) a sick child within one hour of PlanetKid’s notification of the child’s symptoms. The child must be symptom-free for 24 hours or have medical clearance in order to return.
- Severe coughing, causes the child to become red or blue in the face or to make a whooping sound.
- Difficult or rapid breathing/wheezing.
- Stiff neck.The temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye).
- Exposed, open skin lesions.
- Unusually dark urine and/or gray or white stool.
- Yellowish skin or eyes.
- Evidence of untreated lice, scabies, or other parasitic infestations.
- Sore throat or difficulty swallowing.
- Diarrhea (more than two abnormally loose stools. This means if they have a third abnormally loose stool they must be sent home. The only exception to this rule would be if the child’s stool is loose as a result of being on antibiotics, then it can stay but must be changed more frequently while in care.
- Any other unusual sign or symptom of illness.